1) When I was in my late teens/early 20s, I had some 50 pen pals around the world. Then I met Mike and he thought it was stupid so I gradually gave them up. *Lesson Learned* - Never give up something you love for a man! I'm sure some of those friendships would have lasted past the marriage (and one has - I still write to Mary in England!)
2) I traveled to Bangladesh in 2006. Not exactly my dream country, but I had an opportunity to go with a team at my church to help out with a conference. It was an eye-opening experience and now it's made my dream of traveling to foreign places a reality. Looking forward to the next trip, whenever and wherever it may be!
3) I hate fish - swimming or on a plate. Eww! I think the trauma began when we had an aquarium in the basement as a kid. One morning I ran downstairs and almost stepped on a "jumper" who was flopping around on the floor. When I was 11, I went fishing with my uncle who made me put the worm on the hook and tried to make me take the fish off the hook, once I caught one. Then I watched him clean the fish and had to eat it later! Sorry, I DON'T DO SEAFOOD!!! I would rather eat something funky like goat meat!
4) I am a closet Hank Williams fan. We can blame my dad on this one. To this day, I can tolerate very little country music, especially NOT the twangy kind. But I own a Hank Williams CD. I think it's just because it reminds me of my dad and all the times we had to listen to him playing the records or better yet, singing the songs himself while he played the guitar.
5) Someday I'll be living in the Himalayas. Yeah, really! I've really developed a passion for that part of the world in the last several years, especially for the country of Nepal. No, I have no plans to reach the top of Mt. Everest, but it would be nice to go a few steps up just to say I climbed it!
TAG, YOU'RE IT! Hit me with five things I never knew about you!