Monday, December 31, 2007
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Speaking of new things in my life.....this is the new style of music that I love! My mom was a fan of Bocelli, but I was never interested in it until now. I love this duet. I love when Andrea falls to his knees and takes Laura's hand! They have such a chemistry together. Don't you love that salt-and-pepper hair? Did I mention this guy is ITALIAN? Did I also mention he sings more like an angel than Josh does? (sigh!)
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Christmas Eve night we go to Barb and Brad's for the traditional turkey dinner and Rob Your Neighbor game (the highlight of the evening!) Before dinner, we had to, of course, have a little nativity scene fun. Note how the shepherds, wise men, sheep, and angels are mingling and networking. This is the scene you don't see every day! ;o)
Barb and her sister-in-law, Lauren (not to be confused with our Lauren!) make preparations.
Monday, December 24, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
I never realized this, but when I'm relaxed I guess I go back to my childhood. I was talking to Kristen the other night, and she laughed and said, "I like how you pronounce 'pajamas' with a 'b'!" I never realized I say, "B'jamas" when I say it fast! :o) It's great to be a kid again this Christmas!
I'm listening to Josh Groban's "Believe" as I type this. I think I will continue listening to this way after Christmas. Check out the cool video of him performing it!
Friday, December 21, 2007
At last, I have my own bed! The couch has been pretty comfy these last few months but it's nice to stretch out at last. Still much to do (add a bedskirt, get a new quilt/cover, decorate!) but I finally have my room!
I got much done yesterday on my day off, including half my Christmas cards completed, some paperwork done, laundry, a little cleaning. Brother-in-law Brad was nice enough to wait at my house for the bed delivery while Marty and I went to a free sneak preview of Sweeney Todd. I'm not at all into slasher films, but JOHNNY DEPP was in it! So I just hid my eyes at the gross scenes (and there were many), but Johnny was adorable when he wasn't slashing people. As Marty said, "That was bloody good!" Haaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1) When I was in my late teens/early 20s, I had some 50 pen pals around the world. Then I met Mike and he thought it was stupid so I gradually gave them up. *Lesson Learned* - Never give up something you love for a man! I'm sure some of those friendships would have lasted past the marriage (and one has - I still write to Mary in England!)
2) I traveled to Bangladesh in 2006. Not exactly my dream country, but I had an opportunity to go with a team at my church to help out with a conference. It was an eye-opening experience and now it's made my dream of traveling to foreign places a reality. Looking forward to the next trip, whenever and wherever it may be!
3) I hate fish - swimming or on a plate. Eww! I think the trauma began when we had an aquarium in the basement as a kid. One morning I ran downstairs and almost stepped on a "jumper" who was flopping around on the floor. When I was 11, I went fishing with my uncle who made me put the worm on the hook and tried to make me take the fish off the hook, once I caught one. Then I watched him clean the fish and had to eat it later! Sorry, I DON'T DO SEAFOOD!!! I would rather eat something funky like goat meat!
4) I am a closet Hank Williams fan. We can blame my dad on this one. To this day, I can tolerate very little country music, especially NOT the twangy kind. But I own a Hank Williams CD. I think it's just because it reminds me of my dad and all the times we had to listen to him playing the records or better yet, singing the songs himself while he played the guitar.
5) Someday I'll be living in the Himalayas. Yeah, really! I've really developed a passion for that part of the world in the last several years, especially for the country of Nepal. No, I have no plans to reach the top of Mt. Everest, but it would be nice to go a few steps up just to say I climbed it!
TAG, YOU'RE IT! Hit me with five things I never knew about you!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
The sunroom looks like a Christmas decoration/wrapping paper explosion (I'll spare you the pictures!), but hey the Christmas lights out there look great and look really cool when you're driving down the interstate behind our house! I still have gifts to wrap and the house to clean for Christmas morning here with my family. Still, amazingly, it's all okay.
Below are some scenes from our snowy weekend!
Brother-in-law, Brad, came over this past Monday to paint my bedroom! (a birthday gift from Barb). Doesn't it look cool? He even painted the ceiling and baseboards and replaced the outlet plates and switchplate. Thanks, Brad!! It's nice to see my room slowly coming together.
Friday, December 14, 2007
The weatherman is calling for up to six inches of snow here between tonight and tomorrow. Let's hope he's right! We need a little Christmas....right this very minute!
There's nothing better than wrapping gifts, listening to Christmas tunes on the radio, enjoying a mug of hot chocolate, and watching a cozy Christmas-scented candle burning (since I don't have a fireplace!) while the snow flakes flutter down outside the window!
I'm off to wrap gifts before I drift off to sleep while listening to Christmas music and dream of ............. Christmasy stuff!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
No..........not THOSE Monkees! (although I have to say I think Mickey was the first drummer I fell for!)
In my baby book, my mom wrote that my first word was not "mama" or "dada," but MONKEY! In fact, I traded in my pacifier for a stuffed monkey!
Enough monkeying around! Stay tuned......tomorrow we shall return to the regularly scheduled Christmas blogging! ;o)
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Under the category of, "It's a Small World," Kristen brought along her friend, Julie. All evening I kept thinking she looked familiar. I finally asked, and it turns out she went to the same church I grew up in. Wow!! Neither one of us recognized each other. Again, I say, "small world!"