Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sad News

Today I heard that news that Suzy Esstman passed away this morning. Suzy was the wife of one of our partners at work. She was diagnosed with a slow-growing brain tumor over three years ago. Although I didn't know her personally, she was a vibrant woman, full of life and enthusiam. She leaves behind her husband and three young children. Our office will be closing at 10 a.m. Monday in order for everyone to attend the visitation/funeral. It will be a sad day.

Also today someone came to buy Mom's bed and bedroom furniture. They got a really good deal on it. Even though I'm ready to clear out the house in order to sell it and move on, it still was sad to see that furniture go. Mom and Dad bought it when they first got married. The dresser was used by my sisters and I at one time or another. I've said it before: it's hard to let go sometimes even when you know you have to.

No comments: