Monday, July 7, 2008

How do you spell relief?

D-I-V-O-R-C-E (I hear you all singing like Tammy Wynette!)

Yes, FINALLY, after 11 painful months, and 3 long days, the divorce papers were signed today.

And Mike didn't go down without a fight. Every time my attorney left the room, Mike called me every name in the book, slammed my religion, you name it. But that's the person he's become. Point the finger at everyone and everything else so you don't have to take responsiblity for your own actions!

I thought I would be sad when it came to signing away 20 years of marriage, but let me tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed signing my name on every line.

I also know that I would not wish divorce on my worst enemy!

I feel like I have come out on the other side of a very harsh storm. I'm kind of numb right now, but am looking forward to a great future.

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Even though you feel numb right now you will feel better. You and the girls have come through so much and are so much the better for it. {{{{}}}} for all :)

Lisa Watson said...

Sweetie...remember we're here for you and that God has a plan for you! Don't let ANYONE belittle you. Keep your chin up...the sun is shining again!!

Unknown said...

I know congratulations isn't the right word, but if having this finished brings you peace I am happy for you. I can't wait to see where you go from here!

Rhona said...

Think of it as the beginning of the rest of your life. Time to move forward and have the life you deserve. Best wishes for the future

CarolineZ said...

With you in thoughts! You have become so strong already, going through all this. Enjoy life with your wonderful girls! Hugs!!