Sunday, October 19, 2008

Season of Change


(My daisies from Sue hung in there for a long time, brightening my kitchen. What a good start to each day with this pretty sight each morning!)

All throughout the summer, I have parked the car in the driveway and the garage quickly became a catch-all. Now with the weather cooling down, I'm not looking forward to scraping frost or ice off the windows, so it's time to make room for the car!


Oh my - does this not look like one of those photos where a tornado just came through?! Last fall when I had the garage door fixed, I literally just threw stuff towards the back of the garage to squeeze my car in. This time I thought I'd better do it right!


I'm about halfway done, but it's looking good and I'm getting rid of a TON of clutter and old memories that no longer serve any purpose in my life.


I reflect upon a year ago. I was newly separated and still very much in shock even though I had much hope for my future and saw the door opening wide to dreams I never imagined could ever possibly come true.


A year later, I have grown and learned SO much, and honestly? I would not trade any of the sorrow or pain I have experienced. It most certainly has made me a much stronger person with the help of God. I never ever could be as close to God as I feel now, if not for the trials I have gone through.

Moving on.....moving forward!!!!


3 comments:

Trish said...

my closet in my bedroom is like your garage-I keep throwing stuff in there to get to "later" and it is just piling up!
and isn't it true, that some of the hardest times in our lives are the ones that bring us to a better place(or brings us closer to that better place)

Rhona said...

I can't believe it's coming up to a year already, you certainly have been through a lot and I love that you are coming out the other end a stronger person. Well done! Looking forward to seeing the car in the garage now ;o)

Jenn said...

I am so happy for you in everyway!!