Monday, June 16, 2008

How much is that doggie in the window?


Phoenix discovered tonight he can stand up and look out the sunroom window to watch the girls in the yard next door! Look how long he's getting! He's four months old already. (Sorry for the blurry photo. This was taken with my camera phone.) He has a lot of nicknames now: Feefers (my name for him), Feenie-Weenie (Em's name for him), Fee-Fi (Kat's name for him), Snickerdoodle, Scrappy Doo, Skeeziks, Monkey Dog, Felix, and the list goes on!


Em


My beautiful girls - relaxing on the deck!

Kat


My Rooftop Garden....

That's what Emily called this batch of maple seedlings that took root in our gutters. We got an abnormal amount of rain this spring, so these little guys really went crazy! (again, sorry for the poor quality photos)


(before)

Katie helped me clean out the front gutters a few weeks ago, but I wasn't about to brave the extension ladder on the 2-story backside of the house. However, I HAD to do something as a 1,000 little maple trees had established their own little forest in my gutters!! So I called
this great company which I found on the internet. They were incredibly nice and helpful.


(after)



They filled up this bucket FULL of the little trees and years of leaves and other gunk.


(I promise to use the real camera next time!!)

No comments: